Friday, March 9, 2012

Which ski area in colorado do you prefer and why?

Cooper, winter park, monarch mountain, vail, brechenridge, copper mountain, powderhorn, snow mass, aspen mountain, buttermilk, or steamboat. if you dont mind, can you please tell me why? like outdoor activities, snowfall, best areas of skiing, prices, mountains and views, etc.

the price doesnt matter, but it would still be nice to know.

there are just so many nice places to visit, i cant decide

and since ive never been, i wouldnt know which areas get the best snow, have the biggest mountains and the best views, etc.

im only 15, and i can ski pretty well.... im still deciding though. i see pictures of these places and it only makes it that much harder to decide. never realized how beautiful colorado was.

been to canada twice, so im kinda used to there being mountains all over the place= high expectations i guess. any help here?



oh, and seeing as this will be my only ski trip for the year, id kinda like to visit the best ski resort there is. best views, biggest mountains, most snow, least crowded on a week day, outdoor activities like tubing, mountain climbing, hiking, tours, etc.



thanks very muchWhich ski area in colorado do you prefer and why?
My personal favorite of the resorts I have skied in Colorado is still Keystone. I had more fun trying to ski all of that mountain than anywhere. There is so much to cover, and definitely all types of runs shoots and trees. Each of the three faces is reached by gondola and has a lodge of some sort to eat and warm up at. The front face has almost a mile of trail from top to bottom. It seems almost endless even when tucking from top to bottom. The little village like area at the bottom has many expensive trendy shops but is still cool to check out. Definitely my favorite.



Breckenridge is an ok resort not really my taste. It has one of everything but the mountain is definitely geared toward the beginner to intermediate skier. It offers lots of large open easy pitched runs.



I have never been to Winter park but it seems like every Warren Miller film shows a party going on in winter park. Can't be all bad if Warren Miller staff parties there.



I have never skied steamboat but I have partied there over the fourth of July. The town is amazing in the summer and if it's half as good in the winter I'll be looking forward to returning in the winter to tear it up.



Loveland appeals to a lot of people but the last time I was there I felt like it was the poor man's ski resort. I'll admit that it has been ten years since I was there so things could be much different but last but i wasn't overly impressed.



Good luck with the search it's all a personal preference.Which ski area in colorado do you prefer and why?
steamboat... varied terrain. plenty of bumps, plenty of trees, plenty of cruisers and groomed... nightlife good. mainly, it happens to be just a regular town with kick-a$$ skiing....

No comments:

Post a Comment