Friday, March 9, 2012

What is your experience/opinion with the Disney Vacation Club?

We just came back from Disney World last week and I saw the advertisement for Disney Vacation Club everywhere we went...Please, can anyone who has purchased this give me your honest opinion and as much detail on how this works...Also, we are big advocates of the Disney Dining Plan...Are we able to purchase this plan as a Vacation Club member?...I ask only answers from people who have actually experienced THIS particular vacation club...not just any old timeshare, since it may be different. Thanks in advance!What is your experience/opinion with the Disney Vacation Club?
I'd have to disagree w/jlcolles on the deed. I just came back from there and sat through a DVC presentation. It was my understanding that the ownership is deeded and can be passed on. It does however revert back to Disney, usually 50 years after the resort opens. The revert date depends on the resort and in some cases has been extended by Disney.



We owned another timeshare property which we sold. We were very close to buy into the DVC because it has everything we wanted in a timeshare. Plus you know it will be quality with Disney. However, after doing the math it wasn't a good fit for us since all we would be paying for is lodging. Everything else is another expense (park tickets, food, transportation, etc.).



I would like to add that the sales presentation was 1st class and it truly was no pressure. True to their word, they never asked us for an answer while we were there. Then they treated us to a free picture and ice cream before giving us a van and driver to take us anywhere on Disney property we wanted to go.
My parents actually checked out DVC when it was opening and though the perks were fantastic and they liked the fact that it was owned by Disney, they chose not to purchase because unlike other timeshare the Disney property is owned buy Disney and can not be deeded to your children if something should happen to you. And also doesn't the property revert back to Disney in like 2040? We bought a time share at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club and really like it. I would suggest no matter what you buy I'd stick to DVC, Hilton or the Marriott's timeshares. These company have a recognized name. What is your experience/opinion with the Disney Vacation Club?
I've looked at it before but have always come to the conclusion that it wasn't right for us. If you visit Disney at least every other year and usually stay at a moderate or luxury resort, then I think it's a no brainer.



The biggest drawback for me is the annual maintenance cost. If you purchase enough points to go every other year, you still have to pay for the maintenance fee. The maintenance fee adds up to more than we usually pay for our off-site resort + food so it's never made sense for us.



I have to admit, though that the new resort Bay Lake Towers (BLT) is very appealing. I would love to stay in a room overlooking the Magic Kingdom!



If I were to buy into it, I think I would look at the resale market rather than buying from Disney directly. You can purchase fewer points (which means lower maintenance fees) and from the looking I've done, you can get some good deals. Also, you can get into home resorts that you normally couldn't get into. Just Google (er Yahoo) for DVC resale.
You can buy the Dining Plan, I see DVC guests with the dining plan on their room key all the time. I don't know if you get a discount or not. Yahoo answers isn't the best place to find actual members, but I know of two places where they hang out; disboards has a DVC forum at http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?fo鈥?/a> and there is one at yahoo groups as well http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dvctalk/ .
Check out the reviews from visitors and current owners of DVC at the forum link below. Disney Vacation Club(DVC) owners love them!



Timeshare Forums - Disney Vacation Club

http://timeshareadventures.com/vacation/鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment