Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What do you think of these Jim Carrey movies?

Copper Mountain

Once Bitten

Peggy Sue Got Married

Earth Girls Are Easy

Doing Time on Maple Drive

Ace Ventura 1 and 2

The Mask

In Living Color (TV)

Dumb and Dumber

Batman Forever

Liar Liar

Truman Show

Man on the Moon

Me, Myself and Irene

Grinch

Majestic

Bruce Almighty

Eternal Sunshine

Lemony Snicket

Dick and Jane

Number 23

Horton Hears a Who

Yes ManWhat do you think of these Jim Carrey movies?
Copper Mountain - own it but never watched it

Once Bitten - one of his earlier works...not the funniest

Peggy Sue Got Married - never saw it

Earth Girls Are Easy - never saw it

Ace Ventura 1 - it was ok

Ace Ventura 2 - loved it, hilarious much funnier than the first

The Mask - great movie, very original and perfect for him

In Living Color - dont remember the show too much but ive seen it

Dumb and Dumber - so funny, one of his best

Batman Forever - dont remember much

Liar Liar - also one of his best, loved it

Truman Show - good movie but not funny, made me feel bad for him

Me Myself and Irene - funny but not my favorite

Grinch - perfect guy for the role, loved the movie

Majestic - never saw it

Bruce Almighty - very funny

Eternal Sunshine - very confused when I saw it, never got a chance to rewatch but it got good reviews

Lemony Snicket - loved him as a villian, kids movie I think but good

Dick and Jane - funny, liked it alot, bought it

Number 23 - good serious role, but not my favorite movie

Horton Hears A Who - didnt like it, but not because of him, just couldnt get into it

Yes Man - havent gotton a chance to watch yet
I've only seen Truman Show, Grinch, and Horton Hear a Who but I love Jim Carrey and I love those movies (besides Grinch - I don't even think I saw all of that movie it was weird).What do you think of these Jim Carrey movies?
IMMA HUGE JIM CARREY FAN!!! Horton Hears A Who=my all time favorite
I've seen about half of them and think that he is a very talented, funny comedian.
I've seen: The Mask, Dumb And Dumber, Truman Show, Grinch, Lemony Snicket, Dick And Jane, Yes Man, and Horton Hears A Who. Pretty good movies.
Dick and Jane is my favorite.
I've seen The Mask - it's very exaggerated but the role calls for that and Jim Carrey's acting is very appropriate for the film. Though thinking back on it, I wouldn't watch it again though I'm sure when I saw it it was funny.



Batman Forever - Better acting on his behalf. The Riddler is a more complex character and he does well in it. The movie itself is also very entertaining. I recommend,



Liar Liar - Funny family oriented movie. He acting has again improved in this film.



Truman Show - Not his usual overly comedic role. Yet he still brings comedy to the movie. A great movie.



Bruce Almighty - again, his acting just getting better and not playing a super exaggerated character. The concept of the movie is funny and it's fun.



Eternal Sunshine - Brilliant movie. He's brilliant in it as well.



Number 23 - slightly more serious role for him. The movie is eeeeh. The concept is a stretch. But Jim does fantastic playing the role he's been given.



Dick and Jane - funny, entertaining.
I've seen...Ace Ventura 1%26amp;2 (like 20 times each), the mask, dumb and dumber, liar liar, grinch, Bruce almighty, lemony snicket, dick and jane, and yes man. I loved him in ace for his comedic and just all around goofy factor. The mask was good, I thought he did a really good acting job. Dumb and Dumber, although I thought the movie was kind of stupid (no pun intended), I thought a lot of his scenes were very funny. Liar Liar is amazing. I have seen that movie so many times, and I love his character, the serious side, the father side, the funny side, and just all the different personalities he portrays in this one. The Grinch...awesome movie! Watch it all the time, even when it isn't christmas. Bruce Almighty was a really good movie that showed emotion, but of course his comedy. Lemony Snicket wasn't my favorite movie, but I loved his synical character that was also funny. Dick and Jane wasn't my favorite movie, but I still loved him in it. Yes man was a good movie, but I really didn't laugh that much in this one.
Earth Girls Are Easy--I've only seen it once, years ago. I remember it as being funny but really corny. 6/10



Ace Ventura 1--7/10. funnier that it had any right to be

Ace Ventura 2 --3/10 unspeakably boring

The Mask--5/10 not so much funny as a vehicle for an out-of-control ego

Dumb and Dumber--8/10 funny, funny, funny. great buddy movie, but the scene that really makes it is when carrey plays it straight in their apartment talking about ekeing (sp?) his way through life. that comes out of left field.

Batman Forever 7/10--great villains, funny movie, entertaining

Liar Liar 6/10--funny but forgettable

Truman Show--9/10 excellent film, much better than the movie with a similar premise EdTV that came out at the same time. the kicker is when you realize you're not going to find out what happens to truman after he leaves the "building"

Me, Myself and Irene--7/10

Grinch--4/10--it just didn't work. too long. the premise was stretched too thin. the makeup and special effects just weren't worth it

Bruce Almight--7/10 fun film

Eternal Sunshine--10/10. one of my absolute favorite romantic films of all time. loved it

Lemony Snicket--6/10. cramming three books into one movie made it feel rushed and confused and the ending scrapped together.

Number 23--5/10. forgettable, unsatisfying
im the biggest jim carrey fan ever!!!

put emphasis on biggest,lol

Ace Ventura 1 and 2:my favorite movies with him

dumb and dumber:is hilarios

liar liar:my dads fave jc movie

truman show:havent seen in a while but i think i liked it

man on the moon:i didnt like this movie very much,but laughed alittle.

me,myself and irene:I love this movie.vagisil part in store is histaricle

grinch:it was good

the majestic:very good drama

bruce almighty:liked nearly as much as ace.

eternal sunshine of a spotless mind:was good i like the concept

lemony snicket:was okay i guess

dick and jane:got it on dvd so must like it,lol

number 23:i didnt like this movie that much.

horton hears a who: liked it.

yes man:liked the concept,but movie was horible,i got it on dvd because jim was in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment